All entries will be recognized and are due in the front office by November 26, 2018
2018-2019 Reflections Theme: Heroes Around Me
Reflections is a National PTA sponsored arts recognition program that encourages artistic expression. Use your special talents to create a film, song, artwork, photograph, poem, short story or dance routine. You may enter as many times as you like in as many categories as you like. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form. Be sure to reflect the theme in your work.
• Literature – Fiction or nonfiction, prose, poetry, drama, or short story (must not exceed 2,000 words or 8 ½ x 11 inches)
• Visual Arts – Original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, or computer-generated artwork (must be flat, not more than 3/8 inches thick, maximum size 24 x 30 inches including a mat)
• Photography – Original black-and-white or color image, single print or collage (maximum size 11 x 14 inches including a mat)
• Musical Composition –Voice, instruments or a combination of both, with or without lyrics (maximum time 5 minutes, a CD recording of a performance of the composition should be submitted.)
• Dance Choreography – Original dance choreographed by the student with up to 3 dancers. (maximum time 5 minutes, should be submitted on a CD or DVD)
• Film Production – Original work, animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, computer-generated (no PowerPoint, maximum time 5 minutes, CD or DVD)
Reflections is now a PTA Member benefit!
The student or at least one person from their primary household must be a current member of the Local PTA/PTSA where the student is participating. Each Local PTA/PTSA may determine a date by which the member must join.
Contact the Reflections Chair, at email@example.com with additional questions.
- Wednesday, December 12
- Thursday, December 13
- Thursday, December 20
- Friday, December 21
Why join the PTA?
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!